At Pollington - Balne CE Primary School, we believe that every child should aim to 'be the best they can be'.
It is our role to facilitate this through careful planning and delivery of a well thought out curriculum.
We therefore provide children with:
* experiences that allow children to explore what it means to be human and part / role humankind has had to play or is playing in shaping the world
* opportunities to develop childrens' understanding of the natural world and experience where possible the awe and wonder of it
* the learning of the dynamic physical processes that shape the world
*knowing their place in the World and that there are visual, cultural and environmental aspects of the World that are both unique and similar within our World
*the ability to express themselves creatively whilst learning about the power of creative expression and how it can impact others, shaping generations or groups of people
*the opportunity to draw comparisons of the world around them and of the wider world, having tolerance and understanding of things which are the same and are also different
* the process of investigation and how investigations have the power to find new insights to known outcomes, changing the World
* historical insight as to how significant people, places and events have shaped the world we live in
*scientific grounding to understand that all matter has its own set of properties whether it be living or non-living
* an understanding of the impact of time and how this contributes to change and why things have changed