Year 5 Homework
Homework will be set every Friday and will need to be returned to school, completed, by the following Thursday.
Each week, a spelling list will be sent home. This will be tested, in a random order, on Thursday or Friday the following week.
Each child has been set a target times table. This will be tested on a Thursday. Both multiplication and division facts for the target times table need to be known.
Over the holidays, our year 5 children have a '60 second read' comprehension to complete and a Maths mystery booklet. The booklet requires the children to use the Maths they have learnt to solve an Easter mystery.
Each child has been given a booklet and worksheet. Remember that if the worksheet is misplaced, or not received, you need to ask Miss Amps for another one before the homework hand-in date.
Homework due: Thursday 25th April 2019
1. Write a diary for a day or two of your Easter break. What have you been up to? How did you find it?
2. Write a book review for a book that you have read recently. Write your review in a way that you could post it on Amazon.
3. Have you visited a different city or attraction lately? Write a review to post on Tripadvisor. Remember that you can talk about both the positives and the negatives.
4. Write a letter to your teacher persuading her to put a new idea that you have, in place.
5. Write a newspaper article for an event that you have visited or watched recently.
Once you have completed your piece of writing, hand it in to Miss Amps for feedback, ready to edit and uplevel!